Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ba Kelanan and Mulu

We went to Mulu afterward and stayed at the park. It was nice. They had good food and a museum inside. Our room had for single beds and a built in bathroom. We went on many hikes there. My favorite was the canopy walk. Which my dad’s last favorite. My dad isn’t very fond of heights. He get’s dizzy and nauseous. I liked it though. We also went to many caves. My favorite was Clearwater cave because we could put our feet in the water there.
We flew back to Miri and got tickets on a plane to Ba Kelanan. The plane was really small and it went really low. I loved it. We are staying at a home stay which is you live with a family in their home. We are staying with Baru, Flora, and their son Gabriel. Flora and Baru are nice. Gabriel… Well he’s a little hyper. He has WAY to much energy. He’ll squirt things at you and when you take it away from him… He’ll slap you really hard. LAnd he’s only four years old! I took a nap and slept really well. It was really comfortable. Tomorrow we should be going fishing.
Tonight for dinner we ate soooooooooo much! They had chicken, 2 vegetables, 2 kinds of rice, and all different types of fruit. It was good though.
We didn’t end up fishing today. But we have planned for tomorrow. I hope we catch lots of fish.JI ate so much for breakfast. They all kept stuffing food in my plate. But once again it was really good food. Some of the point for the trip was that we supposed to eat simpler. I think I am eating lots more here.J\L
Today we went fishing and we caught many fish. We made our rods out of bamboo. And since we only made four rods we would trade off every once in awhile. Which would give me time to whittle. I made 3 spears while I was there. They look really cool. We cooked the fish and ate them for dinner.
We left Ba Kelanan today. Which I didn’t like but at least we are back home in Miri.J

No comments:

Post a Comment